[gta02-core] PMU schematics

Álvaro Lopes alvieboy at alvie.com
Fri Jun 19 10:28:44 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Looking at the schematics on the screen (1680x1050), A4 is
> excellent, A3 is borderline (the aliasing effects show), and
> Openmoko's is unreadable without 125-150% zoom.
>
> So I'm fine with going to A3.

Switching PMU sheet to A3 then.

> - we have an inconsistency with some of the font sizes. E.g.,
>   the inductor uses 50 mil text and the test point even only 40
>   mil, where 60 mil are used for resistors and the like.

Most use 50 mil, so I'm changing everything to 50.

> - all the VAA power nodes are still considered to be the same,
>   despite having different labels.
>
>   I can see that this may actually be useful in some strange
>   situations, so I wouldn't consider it a bug, rather a
>   dangerous feature.
>
>   Seems that we'll need a separate symbol for each power net.

Ok, I created a new lib "gta02_power" to hold the power symbols for the device. They do not show up however when we use the "Add power port" button.

> - ERC will gleefully point out that SYS1 and SYS2 are in
>   conflict with each other, both being Power Out. Duh. I've
>   asked for advice on kicad-users.

I always had the same problem with eagle. Not sure what to do on this scenario.

> For component references, I would suggest the following scheme:
>
> - use Openmoko's numbers, so that we can use a single name to
>   refer to the component

Will do.

> - if we remove a component, we should try not to reuse the
>   reference
>
> - if we add a new component, it gets a new unique reference

Agreed.

> Then there are a few small simplifications we can make. But
> let's talk about them when you're done with the PMU.

Ok, I'll let you know when it's finished.

Alvaro