[gta02-core] Memory Schematics

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Jun 21 01:21:03 CEST 2009

Luke Duncan wrote:
> Finished up the changes we discussed:
> -More space between bus labels and chips

Thanks ! I've checked the new memory.sch into SVN. However, the CPU
symbol still needs updating, so the connections are now wrong. (See
below.)

> -Cleaned up crossed wires (I went with Alvaro's suggestion to rearrange
> the pins on SC32442/I)

Aiii, seems that you're the first to get bitten by the switch to
gta02-core.lib :-(

gta02-core.lib is a generated file. Please make changes only to
the per-component libraries, in this case sc32442.lib, then
regenerate gta02-core.lib. Example:

cd components
eeschema `pwd`/gta02-core-comp.sch
./mkloe

> -Made a symbol for the ferrite bead (KLB0603K601SA)

It looks exactly the same as the inductor. Is this intentional ?
We don't need to make new components for symbols we already have.
You can just edit the text that says "INDUCTOR".

Considering that we have inductors and beds, it may be good to
have a distinct symbol for beads, but I'm not sure what it should
look like. Here are two:

http://library.thinkquest.org/10784/circuit_symbols.html

The first one looks complex and a bit misleading. The second is
simple but could be confused with a fuse. I've seen it used here:

http://www.fair-rite.com/newfair/pdf/CUP Paper.pdf

Here's a whole collection:

http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/stefan_salewski/symbols/Ferrite-Bead-1.sym
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/stefan_salewski/symbols/Ferrite-Bead-2.sym
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/stefan_salewski/symbols/Ferrite-Bead-3.sym
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/stefan_salewski/symbols/Ferrite-Bead-4.sym

The comment at the end of http://www.edaboard.com/ftopic163520.html
suggests that we may not nead a special symbol in the end.

Argh, information overload. Any ideas ?