[gta02-core] CPU part placement

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sat Jun 27 11:22:12 CEST 2009

Dave Ball wrote:
> I've added the datasheet to dsv now.  I got the numbering from the OM
> schematics, and I don't understand what's going on with the third pin -
> the datasheet suggests we have it in the solder mask, but it's not there
> on the outline, and there's no indication what it's used for.  Maybe a
> case for a NC pad on the footprint?

Interesting ... I measured it and what I got is:

- what the HT-210 footprint calls pin 2 is HT-110's cathode
- pin 3 is is the anode
- pin 1 is NC

So that's consistent with the data sheet. Seems that Openmoko used two
different footprints for them.

I think there are three choices for us:

1) Make a symbol for three pins (one NC) and the HT-210 numbering.
   The unused pin (1) doesn't have to be drawn.

2) Use Openmoko's numbering with a separate footprint.

3) Idem, but use the KiCad stock LED and swap the numbers.

I'd prefer 1) because we can use the same footprint for both diodes
and it's consistent with us generally numbering each pad.

I also checked the HT-210 and it's indeed as the data sheet says.