[gta02-core] Some random notes about schematics

Álvaro Lopes alvieboy at alvie.com
Sun Jun 28 18:46:46 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I took a look at all schematics today and I see they differ a bit according to the original author (which is a good thing to some extent).

So, let me post here some notes about them.

Crossings: IMHO we should avoid them, even if it requires reordering chip pins. If we're to to this, let's do it as soon as possible.

Name/Value placements: Avoid vertical label placements. This makes schematic hard to read.

Label sizes: This should have been addressed earlier, but some components (including mines) have 60mil labels outside their "rectangles". Most discrete
components have 50mils. We ought to change this (low priority however). Special note about test pads: remove TST also.

Space: Whenever we have space we should arrange components so that they depict their position (like decoupling caps near the chip pins) but also their clear
function. Most sheets have plenty of room, so this is actually easy to do. Clearance is always good [unless on the former case].

Alignments: Sometimes aligning same ports (like ground) to the same X or Y position becomes more pleasant. I also have to do that on PMU and GPS.

Despite all those, things seem to go very smoothly, and I'd like to thank you all for your effort, and for letting my effort in too :)

Best,

Álvaro