[gta02-core] IO Schematics
werner at openmoko.org
Mon Jun 29 16:57:05 CEST 2009
Luke Duncan wrote:
> I checked in an initial shot at the IO schematics
Thanks ! I had a quick look. The hierarchical labels look a bit
ugly. Besides, we don't use them anywhere else and they would be
rather painful in our context. So I'd suggest to use global labels
for things that are shared across sheets, and local labels for
things that are sheet-local but don't have a direct connection.
For local labels, you just make a single-ended "wire", put the
label on top, and KiCad will know that this is the same as any
other net on the same sheet with the same label.
And two minor things:
- KiCad doesn't remove junctions when you remove "wires", so you
have to delete them manually. (E.g., on top of D4601 and 550 mil
on the right of that one.)
- regarding D4601 and D4602, I think it's better to place them
next to the vibrator, even if this means that the "wires" cross,
because that shows their function more clearly.
- it would be nice if you could put the parameters of varistors
in the symbol, like on the USB sheet.
- please don't forget the component references of SC32442/E and
- The text inside the FH23-39S connector doesn't fit. Maybe put
the reference on top of the box and rotate the name ? Or just
make the box a bit wider.
- components sitting on top of "wires" (e.g., TP4714) don't look
right (no junction) and may actually not make contact. Better
make the branch just with "wires".
More information about the gta02-core