[gta02-core] GPS schematic

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Jun 30 07:12:01 CEST 2009

?lvaro Lopes wrote:
> I think GPS schematic can be reviewed now.

Great work, thanks a lot !

We discussed a few issues in IRC. Some that are of more general
interest:

- how to write values and units: lots of details. See my previous
  post.

- the handling of ground is messy in the GPS schematics. Openmoko
  have RF_GND and GND, but the two aren't distinguished properly
  (e.g., some things run from RF_3V to GND) and are treated as
  identical in the layout anyway. Alvaro has a few more ideas
  about this which I think he'll elaborate soonish.

- when naming nets, local labels should be used for anything that
  connects within the same sheet and doesn't connect on any other
  sheet. Local labels are created by naming a "wire". (The button
  aboce the global labels.)

- we should reference the ECNs in the schematics. That also gives
  us more room for explaining quirks.

There were a few small changes and C7625 is still missing, but
besides that, the GPS looks pretty good.

Thanks,