No subject

Wed Jun 3 16:24:54 CEST 2009

far. The project would be greatly simplified if it weren't for the
unavailability of the Calypso, and the desire to have a prototype-able
design.

I wonder if it would be possible to re-use the FR casing and replace a
large part of the internals with the OMAP3530 & whatever 3G chipset
the N900 is using. I wonder if the LCD of the original FR is
compatible with the OMAP... The schematic for this type of design
would be drastically simpler given the PoP design & lack of Glamo /
NOR / amp, and there would likely be a lot of free board space
remaining (for whatever evil ends ... Camera ? ).

Just a thought, ... but I would definitely be interested in working
with other enthusiast on such a design.

Chris

[1]
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-rx51-n900-en.shtml