[gta02-core] Audio ECNs - light at the end of the tunnel ...

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 14 16:11:24 CEST 2009

... which is of course just the oncoming train of making the layout.
But that's a train we long to catch ;-)

The audio ECN situation looks a lot friendlier now than it did a
while ago. We still have:

- ECN0010 (removal of audio amplifier): back from the closed, due
  to the power supply problem

- ECN0032 (EMI and ESD protection of jack): here, the remaining
  open issue is if we can find a single-component solution for the
  EMI filter

- ECN0038 (EMI filter for the speaker): this one just needs
  implementing

Finally, Joerg suggested to revert the microphone circuit to a
symmetrical configuration, like it was in early versions of GTA02.
We've already discussed the details, and all that needs doing is
writing the new ECN and implementing the (simple) changes.