[gta02-core] New shields

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Tue Sep 1 12:01:45 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:30:30PM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
> > WLAN is moving to the main
> > PCB and we want it in a separate shield, right?
>
> Yup, that would be most likely candidate for a new shield. I wouldn't
> put too much effort into this, though - the AR6001 is obsolete anyway,
> so all this would really amount to is an exercise in shield-making.

   One thing I had in mind was to find out which shields they already make
that could be used. Having a list of shields that we could just order 20 of
would be nice.

> Thus, I'm not sure we'll actually make any new shields for gta02-core.

   There was the GPS shield to allow for a larger connector there, but since
we won't solder the shields in at the factory, it won't be a problem. We
can just modify it by hand if need be.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen