[gta02-core] Modem schematic / RF help needed

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Wed Sep 16 01:41:12 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:38:35PM +0100, Álvaro Lopes wrote:
> Werner Almesberger wrote:
> > Dave Ball wrote:
> >> I've just implemented this with the NTDG1100L (new part, so the symbol
> >> could do with a review too),
> >
> > - Why not reuse the SI1040X ? They're virtually identical.
>
> I asked myself the same question.
>
> But I guess Dave has a good answer for it. Actually I assumed you had discussed that on IRC. It's a new part, and might be hard to source (ie, not in stock for
> the first prototypes).

   How is the NTDG1100L difficult to source? It's in stock at Digi-Key
and available in quantities down to one as cut tape or Digi-Reel. How much
easier to source do you want it? There's even a pin compatible substitute
with roughly the same specifications.

> And I'd really prefer enabling that using a longer delay line (ie, CPU output). That would have other benefits too, like lower consumption at power up.

   So you want to turn on the 2.8 V I/O supply separately? Please elaborate
on how much current you are talking about here, because I don't see how it
would be significant given that we are already charging a 100 uF capacitor.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen