[gta02-core] component hunt: some results

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 7 22:06:01 CEST 2010

I've written an ECN discussing the situation of components that are in
our design but no longer in FIC's inventory, i.e., the ones we'll
certainly have to source ourselves:

http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/docs/ecn/ecn0045.txt

I'd be particularly interested in feedback on the possible replacements
for USB boost converter (U4904), and in help with the search for better
substitutes for the battery connector (CON1701) and the audio jack
(JK4401).

Also, if someone can find a distributor who has the PMU (U1701) and the
GPS receiver (U7601) in small quantities, that would be great.

Regarding the other hot topic we have at the moment: the search for a
"cashier" - or, better, treasurer - and perhaps an organization to give
all this the proper structure is still in progress. It seems that the
best approach is indeed to set up some form of organization, but what
will work best and where still needs a bit of investigation. I hope
we'll have more news early next week.