[gta02-core] kicad patches from 5793 don't apply to rev 2243

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Jan 21 11:36:30 CET 2010

Evgeniy Ginzburg wrote:
> Seems private mail went to /dev/null by spamfilter or something like
> this so reposting on ML

Sorry, that's just me being slow. But it's better on the list
anyway.

>> Sorry, I'm not fluent in quilt-foo, so can't provide fast correct
>> patches, but it seems as thee is minor changes in kicad.

Ah yes, that's a documentation bug. In the beginning, I thought
I'd just keep up with upstream, but it turned out that there was
sufficient development activity of no immediate use for us that
the disadvantages of doing this would outweigh the benefits.

So de facto we just used a "pinned" revision. I've updated
docs/GETTING-STARTED to recommend a specific revision, namely
1923 at the moment.

By the way, there is a new feature coming that will want us to
catch up before too long (maybe in a couple of weeks), namely
the new layer dialog, which will make it possible to quickly
switch board layers on and off.

Thanks,