[gta02-core] Audio subsystem

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Jan 21 13:50:28 CET 2010

Dar?o San Mart?n wrote:
> Ok I will use Linux, I think this will be the easiest way to go. I?m
> downloading the Ubuntu CD now, do you have any preferred distribution for
> working with KiCAD and fped?.

I'm using Ubuntu myself, so things should go smoothly.

The gta02-core design environment uses a number of Makefiles and
scripts for routine tasks, so life would be difficult in anything
than a Unix environment.

By the way, if anyone is porting fped to Windows, I would welcome
patches. I don't know much about Windows, let alone porting GTK+
applications. But from what I've heard, it should at least be
possible.

There are a few gccisms in the code and I've heard that some
(non-gcc) C compilers on Windows have problems with certain C99
constructs. So I would recommend using gcc.

Tricky bits in the makefile include the invocation of lex and
YACC, and the conversion of icons from FIG to XPM. For the latter,
it's probably best to just do the conversion under Linux and then
copy the XPM files over.