[gta02-core] project status
werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jan 22 19:26:29 CET 2010
Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> Is there an estimated date gta02 will be manufactured
> in a small beta run?
My current estimate for the SMT run would be around the beginning of
Here are the next steps:
- express the BOM in terms of FIC's stock and derive a "shopping list"
from it. I'm working on this and hope to have it ready for review
early next week.
- then it will take some time until the components will be shipped. A
deadline there is Chinese New Year (that's when the whole country
shuts down for a while.)
- meanwhile, we can work on replacing the components we know will be
- once the components ship, we'll get the final manifest. There's the
possibility that further components may be missing, e.g., if there
is a mismatch between inventory and stock.
- once we have all this information, we can finialize the schematics
and, finally, do the layout. We can also order all replacement
components and components we've already changed.
- once the layout is done, including review, it will take about one
or two weeks to make the PCBs and have them delivered.
- the SMT date depends mainly on when people have time and when the
line is available.
By the way, just to clarify: there's no plan to make more than those
~20 devices of gta02-core. For a design intended for production in
larger quantities, one should update several subsystems, among them
CPU, GPS, and WLAN.
More information about the gta02-core