[gta02-core] Openmoko Beagle Hybrid

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Jun 19 12:53:04 CEST 2010

>> Which option would you prefer?
>

> Since this are too many for us to handle, please let us know the variants you like. We will then decide which ones we will finally produce.
>
> To simplify the answers, please vote here:
>
> 	http://www.doodle.com/huagbg7hu94zyame

Ok,
I think this poll already made clear that most of you are interested in a completely assembled offer (for software development). And a fresh LCD module would help to save disassembling a Freerunner (unless you have a broken one that is being covered by dust).

So we drop the "kit" approach but keep the bare PCB just in case someone wants to have it.

The other question gives a strong preference for GPS.

We are still waiting to receive some components to verify that it (still) works on the new PCBs (this is in fact the second generation - the first one was done earlier this year). Nevertheless, you can already look into the data sheets of the W2SG004:

	http://www.wi2wi.com/products/datasheets/W2SG0004_Datasheet_Rev1.81.pdf

And how to control the GPS receiver and antenna switch from user space:

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Devices/

Comments and contributions to the project pages are welcome.

Nikolaus