[gta02-core] A new hardware

Muthu Subramanian K muthusuba at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 17:17:37 CET 2010

Hi,

> Try asking on the gta02-core list as this isn't far from what they're
> working
> on. A lot will depend on how many you're looking to make.
>

> We are looking at simple modifications to gta02(a7) like with/without
wifi/gps/...and the touch screen improvement (it isn't accessible at the
sides - flat type rather than "inside" type).

I have attached relevant history to this mail for gta02-core...

Thanks!
Muthu Subramanian

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:00:49 +0500
From: Muthu Subramanian K <muthusuba at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: A new hardware
To: devel at lists.openmoko.org

Hi,

We were looking at similar markets in India. Can somebody tell us how much
practically possible is it to manufacture (build) freerunner (replica or
with modifications/improvements) with the current open documentation
available (specifically hardware) from the downloads?

We have good software and marketing team but are yet to build a hardware
team - before which we were looking at the possibilities of building the
phone in India (outsourced/in house).

We would appreciate any kind of help/advice/direction/suggestion/... in this
regard.

Thank you!
Muthu Subramanian

Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 20:44:07 +0100
> From: Esben Damgaard <maillist at hvemder.dk>
> Subject: Re: A new hardware
> To: Visti Andresen <talpa at talpa.dk>
> Cc: devel at lists.openmoko.org
>
> Visti Andresen skrev:
> > On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:37:55 +0100
> > Esben Damgaard <maillist at hvemder.dk> wrote:
> >> http://www.ziilabs.com/products/platforms/ziitrinity.aspx
> >>
> > Interesting hardware, however how open is the hardware?
> > I'm currently waiting for my developer sign-up confirmation,
> > after that I am looking forward to seeing that kind of docs I can
> donwload.
> > But I remain quite pessimistic...
> >

> I don't know how open it is, but they do have Linux drivers, and maybe
> Openmoko could get the source.
> But it's just a thought, where the point is that Openmoko should not
> give up. They could look in to how to easily get some new hardware out
> there.
> There is still a demand (unknown of size) that want free phones, and the
> current attempt (Freerunner) was simply not good enough. I just hope
> that something would happen on the hardware side again.
>

> Esben

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 16:32:58 +0000