GTA02-core task diagram (was Re: Some questions I always wanted to ask)

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 22 03:35:02 CEST 2009

Steve Mosher wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41XrRMqfsZ0

Oh dear, another gloomy war movie involving certain annihilation.

Maybe this draft looks a little more cheerful:
http://people.openmoko.org/werner/gta02-core/tasks.pdf

I've dubbed it "GTA02-core", since it's basically just the bits under the
main can. That project wouldn't produce a design you can mass-produce and
sell, but it would establish a flexible process that can then be used to
make something real. The prototypes that would come out of this would be
more a byproduct than an actual result.

The feasibility of this hinges on
- enough people with the right skills and resources signing up for the
  actual work,
- financing of the steps that get outsourced, and last but not least
- Openmoko providing the parts.

We have a cost figure of about EUR 200 per PCB. I don't know the cost
structure of SMT. There's probably a setup fee plus a per-board fee.

- Werner