Welcome

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 18:10:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org>wrote:

> Actually OM was about to EE a device codename GTA04(I) maybe 12months
> ago, then when it became obvious it's some duty and some time to finish the
> task of creating a whole new better design, OM downgraded to GTA03(II) which
> was meant to be a very cautious improvement based on GTA02. (Later Steve and
> I started work on a different GTA04(II), but that's a completely
> different story) Anyway we kept the case (ID) of GTA04(I) for GTA03(II).
> Eventually it came down out of blue sky to whole OM EE stuff GTA03 is now
> using 6410
> instead of 2442. We restarted development again. We kept the ID.
> Around 2008Dec there were first (semi)working prototypes(!), but they had
> some minor difficulties with stacking of all the antennae. This made ME
> (Tully) suggest a minimal change in ID. We kept ID, we kicked WLAN, GPS...
> dunno what else instead. We restarted EE.

Ok, a couple things.
EE == Electrical engineering?
ID == Industrial design?

We really need a glossary page on the wiki. :)

I think the next GT0X should be a book about the last 10 designs. It sounds
interesting, and could sell well. :P

> I'm really puzzled why we (OM that is) don't just publish the schem as
> of 2008DEC (before crippling) and start our discussion from there, instead
> of thinking about doing the whole job (and same mistakes) once again. It
> wasn't a big deal to finally get out GTA02 schem, once OM made up
> their mind. I could do same job for GTA03 schematics as well, wouldn't even
> need to visit TPE this time.

What is included in this 2008DEC schem? Would this have all the goodies the
02 has, with the glamoctemy (sp?) that people want?

What would need doing for this, a new case? Something else?

Just wondering aloud.

Gerald.