another Symbol: BT Module

Álvaro Lopes alvieboy at alvie.com
Wed Jun 3 19:43:01 CEST 2009

Rene Harder wrote:
>> * GND pins should preferably be at the bottom, not at the top.
>>
> I've changed that.
>
> Do we always follow this rule? How about connectors.

Connectors often use a sequential pin numbering so we don't follow this rule. However in "chip" symbols it becomes quite clearer and cleaner if you have all GND
connections on the bottom. Imagine looking at a diagram for example of a common-emitter amplifier where VCC is at bottom and GND at top. :)

> I'm almost done with the WLAN connector.I haven't grouped the pins
> though. I just went straight with the pin number 1,2,3,4 ...16,17,18.
> Now VDD and GND are at the top sides of the symbol. If i move the GND
> pins to the bottom it will break the order. any suggestions?

No, keep them sequential. Unless someone disagrees.

>> * Do we need all those non-power pins to be at top/bottom, instead of left/right ? Makes symbol a bit confuse.
>>
> Not necessarily, I  moved them to the side. Actually with the most pins
> on the side i could reduce the size of the symbol a  bit  :-D .

That will also make schematic a bit cleaner. Thanks.

In SVN now also.

Thanks again for your work!

Álvaro