more missing symbols!

Rene Harder rehar at saweb.de
Sun Jun 7 23:38:22 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Rene Harder wrote:
>
>> U7606        RF Switch for internal/external GPS antenna
>>                    (if we get rid of the external antenna connector, I
>> think we
>>                    don't need this switch anymore)
>> U7605        Current monitor for external  GPS antenna
>>

> Yup, they both disappear if we remove the external antenna.
> The GPS circuit should get a lot simpler - we also don't need
> the antenna power switch anymore.

Well, that saves us a lot of work, and even more in the PCB layout.

>> U7608        GPS chipset
>>

> Right !
>

>> CON7601   Connector internal GPS Antenna module
>>

> Yup. I haven't looked, but there probably isn't one with two ground
> contacts in the KiCad libraries.
>

>> CON7602   Connector external GPS Antenna
>>

>> U7801        WLAN Module
>> U4401        Logic Level Translator
>> CON7801   WLAN antenna connector/switch
>> U7802        Filter 2.4GHz
>>

> We'll may receive the whole WLAN module pre-assembled, so I don't
> think we need symbols for its components right now. But we'll have
> to revisit this question once more details are known.

That would be perfect. With a pre-assembled module we don't have to
worry about the antenna nor the 2.4GHz filter ( I couldn't find any
information about the filter, not even a hint).

>> U4101        audio power amplifier
>>

> This one gets removed. The codec already contains one, we just have
> to use it :-)

Well, that mean it is only the GPS chipset and the connector for the
internal antenna left.