Setup Kicad correctly?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu May 14 20:25:10 CEST 2009

Lothar Behrens wrote:
> I tried to follow the guide (regarding creating the symlink), but it
> doesn't work.

Hmm, I would just add the library manually in eeschem under
Preferences/Library/Add. Don't forget to "Save Cfg".

> Then EESCHEMA still complains about missing library gta02-core-
> expanded.

I didn't put that one into SVN since it's generated from gta02-core.
But it may make things easier if it's there as well, so I've added it
now. We can clean up the build process later. (There are also a few
things I'd like to change in KiCad to make it better batch-able, so
that will be a good moment.)

> I copied gta02-core.lib and dcm to the required missing
> library name and
> then the error message is gone. But still I don't see the components
> on the sheet. (I can open them with the library editor)

That's to be expected, yes. The names of items from the expanded library
are prefixed with an X (to prevent KiCad from confusing them with the
non-expanded items).

If you check out gta02-core-expanded.lib, everything should be fine.
(Or so I hope ;-)

- Werner