Setup Kicad correctly?

Dave Ball openmoko at
Thu May 14 21:31:42 CEST 2009

Lothar Behrens wrote:
> With the version from svn, now I can see the symbols. But I get a
> hang  when I open the PMU sheet. When I open the IO sheet,
> I will get another hang when I click right in an empty area in the IO
> sheet. The same is while trying to delete a symbol from the
> sheet.
> I have tried another project and there I haven't discovered any
> problems (usbpicproc project at
> Maybe the Kicad developers could have a review at the project?
> Is this a Mac OS X issue?
> Or what version do you use?

I'm using 20080825c-final on ubuntu.
It's possible we've not set up the project or libraries properly, or
that my brief instructions aren't the best way to go about it - this is
my first play with kicad so I'm kinda making it up as I go along.  Any
refinement of the wiki page would be welcomed.

Can you access all the relevant libraries?  The current state of affairs
should look pretty similar to: