Setup Kicad correctly?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Thu May 14 23:30:23 CEST 2009

Am 14.05.2009 um 21:29 schrieb Dave Ball:

> Lothar Behrens wrote:
>> With the version from svn, now I can see the symbols. But I get a
>> hang  when I open the PMU sheet. When I open the IO sheet,
>> I will get another hang when I click right in an empty area in the
>> IO  sheet. The same is while trying to delete a symbol from the
>> sheet.
>>
>> I have tried another project and there I haven't discovered any
>> problems (usbpicproc project at http://usbpicprog.org/).
>> Maybe the Kicad developers could have a review at the project?
>>
>> Is this a Mac OS X issue?
>>
>> Or what version do you use?
>>

> I'm using 20080825c-final on ubuntu.
> It's possible we've not set up the project or libraries properly, or
> that my brief instructions aren't the best way to go about it - this
> is my first play with kicad so I'm kinda making it up as I go
> along.  Any refinement of the wiki page would be welcomed.
>
> Can you access all the relevant libraries?  The current state of
> affairs should look pretty similar to: http://people.openmoko.org/werner/gta02-core/gta02-core-all.ps.gz

I think I can access all the libraries. We solved the missing library
issue by adding the expanded library. Ill try the Windows version
tomorrow to
see how it behaves there.

I also could investigate the debugger, as I am using wxWidgets at my
own project, so it would not a big problem to figure out why the mac
version
hangs.

For now I have posted a question about this issue to get an
information about incompatibilities between kicad versions or about a
known issue.
Stay tuned.

Lothar

> Dave