Werner Almesberger werner at
Mon May 18 22:44:46 CEST 2009

I converted gen020.pho with gerbview to a KiCad BRD file:

I removed the panelization, so it's now just the plain board.
(Panelization depends on the production process, so we may
need a structure that's different from what Openmoko used.)

There are a few open issues:

- first of all, gerbview turned the arcs into straight lines.
  That's particularly visible in the corner where the GPS is
  located, where quite a bit of board surface is missing.
  So this needs manual fixing, maybe even of gerbview.

- what orientation shall we use ? I think bottom-up may be
  more convenient than top-down since most of the components
  are at the bottom of the PCB.

  Also, landscape may be a little better than portrait because
  we can then use a deeper zoom when looking at the whole board.

Opinions ?

- Werner