Some questions about conventions
alvieboy at alvie.com
Fri May 22 17:05:21 CEST 2009
I just drew one of the components (SN74AUP1G125, U4901) and some questions arose about conventions for schematic symbols.
- Should power pins (GND/VCC) be placed at bottom/top, respectively, or can be arbitrary placed on the layout ?
- Should the component name be placed inside the main rectangle, or can be placed outside ?
- Shall pins be always the same length (0.3) or can be shortened/lengthened ?
- Shall we depict logical "active-low" using both 'n' prefix and inverted symbol (circle) ?
- Output pins that might be used for power (like a mosfet switch) shall be made "power out" ? This might invalidate usage of same symbol for logic switching.
- Shall we draw right away the footprints, if not available ?
Many questions, I know :)
My first attempt at SN47AUP1G125 follows in attach.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Gta03