Symbol for SI1040X (U7610,U7609)

Álvaro Lopes alvieboy at alvie.com
Sat May 23 18:05:40 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote:
 > - label also pin 2 with D2

I did not because original drawing in GTA02 and in datasheet only label the uppermost pin. :) Which is understandable, because it's redundant information. It's
mainly there for power purposes.

> - if I understand things correctly, confusingly named ON/OFF is
>   really ON/nOFF, so you could add the "n". Since the label is
>   text, we could also use an overbar (i.e., ON/~nOFF), but we'd
>   lose it again when/if we can express out-of-the-way pin names
>   directly in KiCad.

Again for the same reason. I also did not like to name it that way. I do think "ON" would suffice though. :) Otherwise we'll start to change "EN[able]" pins to
"EN[able]/nDIS[able]" :) Some manufacturers seem to label pins in a very weird way - why the heck they name "S2" the input anyway? I got so confused that I had
to read datasheet three times so to be sure I was not missing anything.

>> Please review the pin types. Since this one is used for power,
>> maybe having outputs as power out won't be such a bad idea.
>
> And the input as Power In. Yes, why not. This seems to be indeed
> mainly a power switch, not only in our use.

Yes. I'll update. That will make DRC happy.

Álvaro