Y-cable and USB-OTG: mutually exclusive

Daniel Willmann daniel at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 30 20:40:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:28:21 +0200
Joachim Steiger <roh at openmoko.org> wrote:

> - i really like my mini-usb. (for mechanical, practical and spread in
> the real world)
> - i have till now not seen a single micro-usb wallwart charger or
> carkit in the real world (nor a device which uses that connector at
> all).
> - the N8xx series is the only device i know i were near which does OTG
> as far as i know.

Motorola's RAZR2 V8 uses micro-usb. Not sure if the charger is OTG
though. I would guess that Motorola will go with micro-usb on future
devices as well (just as they had tons of mini-usb devices with their
own charger "hack"), but given their current state of affairs who knows
how much longer they'll be selling phones. ;-)

Regards,
Daniel Willmann