GTA04 Block V4

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 13 16:09:42 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> Second ARM core... I seem to recall calling this "insane" and it not
> actually helping with the things we need a tiny power-friendly always-on
> MPU for,

Would you consider ST's small ARMs as unsuitable ? Their power
consumption is quite low. Not nearly as low as MSP430, of course,
but then, does it really matter whether it would take the MPU
alone one or ten years to drain the battery ?

(But yes, let's not confuse this with the addition of something
the size of the 2442. That would truly be insane ;-)

- Werner