Wifi / off-state leakage

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Aug 21 12:09:55 CEST 2008

Am Mi  20. August 2008 schrieb Werner Almesberger:
> Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> > Fine! But where in this description is the point about ME suggesting sth
> > like routing (new) GPIO to all sorts of peripherals???
>
> Ah, this was the mail that scared me:
> https://lists.internal.openmoko.org/pipermail/gta03/2008-August/000497.html

----------
We should connect NCP346:1[OUT] also to some CPU-GPIO (via 100kR or sth like
that), to detect overvoltage in software on going high of this GPIO.

We should replace U4905 by this NCP346+FET-circuit (which also will put
\USB_OC to a real useful meaning, now USB_OV. As we of course will use this
signal to connect to NCP346:1[OUT] as mentioned above ;)
You see I suggested to use an already existing connection absolutely same way
it has been used before, just the meaning is augmented from "PMU draws >1.5A"
(nonsense) to "USB is >5.5V"
So *no* "new GPIO routing" ;-). And of course I considered reverse-feeding:
This rail is 0V as long as there's no USB-supply voltage. We are fine for all
cases except shutdown when on charger.

> I don't care whether we call it MPU or MCU. MPU would be less
> friendly for the dyslexic for sure.
I'll continue to call it uC