GSM-noise "buzz" issue

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at
Tue Aug 26 14:22:54 CEST 2008

We found it's pin4 of JK4401 and only this pin that causes GSM-EMI-noise
We placed a ferrite bead to this pin, and it stops noise. Alas this isn't a
viable rework, as it is extremely fragile and doesn't fit into case.

We tried to find another way to place a bead in this rail, first result
(without bead yet), see
This rework at least stops noise and should fit into case. It breaks function
of headset mic and hold-button, but keeps function of headphones.
We try to find a way to restore function of mic and button, based on this

I will keep you updated.
Please note all this IS NO RECOMMENDATION FOR A REWORK, and we can't answer
any questions yet beyond what I've reported above.