calypso hardware echo suppression?

Freerunner_User dspaaron at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 08:24:35 CEST 2008

Hello,

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:

> I guess that's actually the case.
> I'm investigating (on low priority though) how to exploit these functions
> of
> calypso chipset.
> Any additional info / participation on task appreciated :-)

There are several "hidden" AT commands which don't appear in the list
of available commands. One of them is "AT%Nxxxx" where xxxx is a
four-digit number. The possible values for xxxx are:

  "0083" "Short AEC is active"
  "0283" "Long AEC is active"
  "028B" "Long AEC -6 dB is active"
  "0293" "Long AEC -12 dB is active"
  "029B" "Long AEC -18 dB is active"
  "0105" "Noise reduction is active"
  "0125" "Noise reduction -6 dB is active"
  "0145" "Noise reduction -12 dB is active"
  "0165" "Noise reduction -18 dB is active"
  "0187" "Both AEC and Noise reduction are active"
  "0001" "AEC and Noise reduction are unactivated"

I am not sure if changing the parameter really has some influence
on the audio path, I have not tried it with a real phone call.

Best regards,
    A Freerunner user