UCLK

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 29 00:43:53 CEST 2008

Am Do  28. August 2008 schrieb Werner Almesberger:
> Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> > Ah, and btw: does anybody have a decent set of bookmarks/pointers/quotes
> > S3C2442 datasheet sections needed to facilitate my duty to validate this
ECN?

> I think we need a more specific question :-)
>
> I.e., it's a connection between pads that are currently unconnected,
> they both can be disabled if it turns our they cannot be used, and
> the only thing between them is another pad that is usually disabled,
> So what additional validation do you need ?
>
> If sending UCLK to from CLKOUT1 to UEXTCLK should end up exciting
> CLKOUT0 and causing some obscure interference, we probably won't
> find out in any theoretical study anyway.

I thought about much more basic things like "check if it's the right pin
name", "check if logic levels, fan in and fan out match", "check if the whole
idea is actually feasible" etc.
For this I have to scrutinize the corresponding sections in CPU datasheet, so
I understand what I'm asking for and what it should work like, instead of
just forwarding a "bake recipe" from ML. So some pointer would be welcome ;-)
Not eager to search the whole manual for "UEXTCLK"

/jOERG