where to connect for extension ?

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Mon Dec 1 08:21:31 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 10:46:09AM +0000, Al Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 21 November 2008, Alessandro Sappia wrote:
> > Hi
> > Me and some friends wants to connect the freerunner to some kind of sensor.
> > We saw that the debug connector give us the SPI bus.
> > is it a good choice ?
>
> It has been suggested in the past. I don't know if anyone's actually tried it
> yet though.

WE were using the SPI on the debug connector internally at Openmoko at some
time ago to attach a SPI flash to the debug board.  So the SPI on this port
(including the connection to the 2x5pin header on the debug board) clearly
works and is verified.

> > is there a point where to take power near there (the debug connector
> > doesn't export it...

the debug connector FPC traces are too thin for providing power.  They cannot withstand a lot of power, and we would risk frying the FPC in case of a short circuit