Fwd: No more optimization team

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Dec 15 17:35:23 CET 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Are you living in an area where many people use their cellphone, but only few
> BS around? We have some cloudy theory this might be a trigger for #1024.

Perhaps it would be good to collect some more specific reports of the
kind of settings ?

This seems to be a bit similar to the WLAN problems that eventually
turned out to be linked to having multiple access points, but the
picture remained vague until we had a large enough number of fairly
detailed usage stories.

With GSM, things are more complex, because it's harder to know what
the network is like. But getting a first overview may help to find the
next, more specific questions to ask, etc.

- Werner