GSM #1024 issue

Dieter Spaar spaar at openmoko.org
Wed Dec 17 09:14:08 CET 2008

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:

> Thanks!
> Great, so we can exclude a whole bunch of causes that are *not* responsible
> for #1024.
> In fact this reduces it to the GSM-FW and the OTA-protocol.

Another thing which might be interesting to know is if the phone has
done any sending after
being powered on and before bug #1024 occurs. After the phone is powered
on, it does
not necessarily send anything if its is in the same cell and the cell
does not require IMSI
Attach/Detach. Sending of the phone can usually be detected very easily
because sending
results in disturbing certain electronic equipment (e.g. active
loudspeakers) and can be heard.

Best regards,
  Dieter