GPS tracking

simarillion simarillion at
Sat Jul 12 22:20:33 CEST 2008

My GPS on the Freerunner is working very well and I have already tracked some
streets for OSM with it. Additionally I have recorded a long ride with my
motorcycle and compared it with OSM and googlemaps and was very surprised good
the result was. (tangogps shows a GDOP  between 1 and 2 and OSM recommends 4)
When I want to get a fix I have to go outside (balcony is enough) turn on GPS,
hold the FR vertically and do not move much and at the latest 10 Minutes I get
a Fix.
Did you check the connection of the GPS antenna which is mentioned in
(I would not solder as mentioned there but you can check visually and plug it
off and in again)

Good luck