GTA04 Block V5

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Thu May 1 17:45:15 CEST 2008

| Am Do  1. Mai 2008 schrieb Andy Green:
|> This documents a proposal that we won't use and the no-JTAG MSP430 with
|> UART mux that it seems we will.
|
| The mux setup looks somewhat confusing to me, we don't have 3 ports on
FTDI
| chip. Guess there's a black rail surplus, and mux goes up to the "T".

No, what's going on there is a select signal comes from FTDI on the
left, and chooses whether MSP430 UART gets the FTDI UART or the CPU
does.  That's what I asked about later.  But it isn't clear so I redrew it.

| Multicolor LEDs will probably go to 430-GPIO, not PCF50633. At least
if we
| really want support for lots of them. Oops no, there are another bunch
of LED
| already, so these multicolor are the button backlights - right? Wonder
| whether we got enough 6400-GPIO to do the wired-or trick on the
LED-array as
| well.

Yes, there's a one-off high current driver for them in PCF50633; for
LEDs driven by MSP430 and / or CPU using this wired-AND idea and direct
drive from N transistor in the pin drivers would be cool.

| System-I2C can route to GSM too, we got a spare serial IO there.
There's a
| ring-IRQout on GSM that will route to CPU and MPU, to signal inbound
calls.

OK.

| Same with I2S for audio, we have I2S on GSM IIRC.

This needs confirming because the plan for handling lack of PCM routing
in the codec is to basically wire the I2S interface on the CPU and codec
to the bluetooth, and keep one of them tristated.  If we play that game
then we also need the GSM unit to be selectable on to what is basically
a shared bus.  The other issue is it forces CPU up just to shuffle audio
around.  So it needs some care -- codec doesn't let us do what you might
think with regards to routing and mixing PCM.

| GSM UART plus USB was consensus yesterday, I think. If we really have
to use
| USB, and can not use another serial IO (like I2C).

It seemed that there wasn't any choice about it, so fine.

| BT hooked via USB on left side, via UART on the right?

Ha, sigh.

| WLAN is er... SDIO?

AFAIK.

| Power from debugUSB to 50633...

Still figuring it out during today, added.

|> Joerg, you were looking at FTDI earlier, do you have an idea for how to
|> mux the UART that will be good for userspace using /dev/ttyS1 semantics?
|> ~ Eg, RTS or such?
|
| I'll have an eye on this, proposal posted later on. Have to learn
about exact
| GTA02 UART hw-lineup for ttySx, too.

OK great.

- -Andy