SDIO multiplexing

Sören Apel abraxa at dar-clan.de
Thu May 1 18:55:55 CEST 2008

Hello list,

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 08:45 +0800, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> Hi there,
> we played with a number of ideas on the HW side, one of them was
> around how we can extend the lifetime of gta02, by making some fixes.
> Such as removing the glamo chip. Which would leave no SDIO for the Wi-
> Fi module.

It seems the consensus is to restore SDIO for microSD use and attach the
Wi-Fi module using SPI instead. Now I'm curious - have any decisions
been
made about whether this will actually be applied to the GTA02 design?

Personally I'm all for knocking the glamo off the PCB, so I'd really
love
to see this happen before mass production, even if it delays matters.

 -Soeren