GTA04 Block V4

Werner Almesberger werner at
Fri May 2 02:58:04 CEST 2008

joerg at wrote:
> We *can* do *instant* 'resume' with 6400, just by software improvements,

That depends on your definition of "instant". I just measured the time
from the falling edge of ONKEY until the call to s3c2410_pm_debug_init
in arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/pm.c:s3c2410_pm_enter: a bit over 50ms.

(The printks in s3c2410_pm_do_restore_core don't make a significant

This include 14ms debounce time for ONKEY, so just getting to the point
where the kernel can do anything at all takes about 35ms. Note that this
is just the core bringup - power, PLLs, DRAM, and a few dozen register
settings, but no device drivers, no user space processes.

(That's actually even a bit worse than I expected.)

- Werner