Neo1973 WM8753/Alsa Configuration

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed Oct 1 17:25:27 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 05:13:37PM +0200, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:

> I tried to find name of a registers this way, but this code is so nested and
> cryptic and poorly commented, I really didn't success to understand the logic
> behind the data structures and defines.

The actual register definitions are pretty direct AFAICS - the text
string with the user visible control name is immediately next to the
register names - for example:

  SOC_DOUBLE_R_TLV("PCM Volume", WM8753_LDAC, WM8753_RDAC, 0, 255, 0, dac_tlv),

is a control callled "PCM Volume" at bit 0 with value up to 255 in the
LDAC and RDAC registers.  Obviously, YMMV but it shouldn't be too hard
to find the user-visible name for a register bit or vice versa, I'd have
thought.