Neo1973 WM8753/Alsa Configuration

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 1 22:21:48 CEST 2008

Am Mi  1. Oktober 2008 schrieb Kyle Bassett:
> Do the channel numbers of the following block diagram still apply?
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Image:WM8753_ALSA_Mapping.png
>
> That's from the
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_1973_audio_subsystempage.  As long
> as the hardware connection information is correct on that
> page, I will just work backwards.
>
> Another note: while playing back using stereoout.state, the headset and the
> stereo speakers play at the same time.  Is there a way to mute/switch off
> either output?  I don't recall if that was a GTA01v4 hardware glitch or
> something else.

audio subsystem is quite identical in GTA01 and GTA02 (except the mono amp in
02 vs stereo in 01).
Speaker(s) and headhones are mutually exclusive, means you mustn't connect
headphones and then play back thru speaker, as hp can't be disabled. Instead
you have to switch amp to hp-mode when hp plugged in, what means speaker(s)
is(/are) disabled.

cheers
jOERG