Neo1973 WM8753/Alsa Configuration

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Oct 4 01:02:31 CEST 2008

Am Sa  4. Oktober 2008 schrieb Joerg Reisenweber:
> Am Mi  1. Oktober 2008 schrieb Mark Brown:
> > On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 05:13:37PM +0200, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> >
> > > I tried to find name of a registers this way, but this code is so nested
> and
> > > cryptic and poorly commented, I really didn't success to understand the
> logic
> > > behind the data structures and defines.
> >
> > The actual register definitions are pretty direct AFAICS - the text
> > string with the user visible control name is immediately next to the
> > register names - for example:
> >
> >   SOC_DOUBLE_R_TLV("PCM Volume", WM8753_LDAC, WM8753_RDAC, 0, 255, 0,
> dac_tlv),
> >
> > is a control callled "PCM Volume" at bit 0 with value up to 255 in the
> > LDAC and RDAC registers.  Obviously, YMMV but it shouldn't be too hard
> > to find the user-visible name for a register bit or vice versa, I'd have
> > thought.
>
> 60sec reality check:
WM8753_Rev3.4.pdf  -> search "RDAC" -> found "RDACVOL" in register "R9 Right
channel Digital Volume"

OK, not that clear an example as with PCF50633 ;-), but anyway not THAT
unambiguous and straight forward as it might be - and I think it gets worse
on other registers' names.
The other (more important!) way round it's even more cloudy and difficult,
from WM8753_Rev3.4.pdf or even WM8753_control_diag.pdf, I might imagine to
search in src for "RDACVOL" or "R9" and won't find anything.
And, maybe due to own blindness, I didn't figure how to map
R9(09h)->WM8753_RDAC. :-/

cheers
jOERG