Adding addtitional Sensors to Openmoko

Michael Tansella michael-tansella at gmx.de
Mon Oct 6 14:21:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

we want to create an additional Board which includes some sensors bundled with
a Microcontroller. What do you think is the easiest way to connect it with
the Openmoko. Can we use an UART Port, if yes, what's the best way to get
access to it?
AFAIK we have 3 UART Ports available. One is used for GSM Modem one for GPS
and one for Console.

I don't understand what's the third one (Console) for. Can we use it for our
project?

Do you recommend another possibility? SPI?Are there any free ports which are
supposed to be used for hardware extensions?

We would like to avoid using USB because of its complexity.

Greets,
Michael