GTA04 SoC/CPU and LCD size

thomasg thomas at
Tue Oct 7 11:59:57 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Andy Green <andy at> wrote:

> Steady on, that OMAP device is marginally slower vs s3c6410 CPU, 600 vs
> 633MHz.  And it's hard to say that Samsung "doesn't care about open
> source the slightest bit", they did go to the trouble to make the BSP
> available for Linux.  By the time we're done with them they will have
> mainline support for it.
Ok, let's hope samsung becomes better in this area, so this is ok for me.
But isn't the cortex with 600 mhz faster than the arm11 with 633?
Another thing is, that the OMAP3 core has (afaik) bigger caches than the

> OMAP has this sexy DSP business, but the Glamo has all kinds of
> coprocessors that will never get used.  6410 is going to make a
> satisfying basis for a smart device I think.
Did I get this right? GTA04 will get the same glamo we GTA02 owners know?
Will it be good enough with the new connections of the S3C64xx, even if the
other limitations (blitting only  512x512) are still existant?