GSM-noise "buzz" issue - replace R4401 by bead?

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at
Mon Oct 13 02:44:01 CEST 2008

Contamination path seems via R4408. Complete removal of both R (plus any other
components connecting this trace to the remaining circuit) didn't stop buzz
though - we think RF is coupled to a nearby trace or component near trace end
on R4408 inside can, near Wolfson.
So probably when removing doesn't help, replacing with a ferrite bead won't
either. But we never tested it. If you're keen to do it, your report on it is
highly appreciated, no matter whether positive or negative result.