USB-OVP

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Oct 30 10:19:47 CET 2008

Am Mi  29. Oktober 2008 schrieb silver62:

> Hi,
> why there is a requirement for VCHGR_UNDSHT < 4V? If the voltage of charger
> fall below 4V when the charger is connected for 2 ms is this a big issue?
>
> Regards,
>
> Silvestro

I didn't write this spec ;-), but I guess it's to avoid possible oscillation
caused by device detecting USB-removal due to Vusb < 4V and switching off USB
power path.
Also note this is a USB2.0 complying spec, and USB2/USB-OTG uses Vusb
modulation to signal certain status changes between host and device.

cheers
jOERG