MSP430, with or without OS

Evgeny Ginzburg Nad.Oby at
Tue Sep 9 09:24:21 CEST 2008

I got the impression? that MSP430 have goo chances to be an MPU in
future hardware design.
I've recently found what open-source OS - COntiki (maybe more than one)
available for this platform.
 From paper [2] I understand that Contiki have event based kernel,
sounds good for MPU job and possibility to update/download new programs
during runtime (there is also possibility to replace the kernel to).

The question: Is it possible or desirable to have a such "full" OS on MPU?

P.S . I'm a nonprogrammer so _can_ speak absolutely nonsense.