GSM-noise "buzz" issue

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Tue Sep 16 23:28:25 CEST 2008

Actually Andy explained the pin3/pin5 issue.
From what I understand, with removed receptacle and 3-5 short, your buzz
actually vanished, no? That's good news.

For the suggested rework, that's exactly why I bought a Dremel couple of days
ago ;-)
You described my plans to the smallest detail.

Contrary to Andy I don't hope for eventual enlightenment somewhere in future.
Especially since no one than me is examining the whole issue, and I'm sure
there *is* *no* other way for existing devices.
If you got the fox on the farm, you don't investigate how it's actually
killing the chicken, rather you simply fix the hole in the fence.

cheers
jOERG