GSM-noise "buzz" issue

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at
Wed Sep 17 21:00:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at>wrote:

> Actually Andy explained the pin3/pin5 issue.
> From what I understand, with removed receptacle and 3-5 short, your buzz
> actually vanished, no? That's good news.

95 % of the buzz is gone. What remains is what I'd call  more of a hum.

> For the suggested rework, that's exactly why I bought a Dremel couple of
> days
> ago ;-)
> You described my plans to the smallest detail.

I was thinking of clipping the pin off with some side cutters and then using
an emery board to clean it up. I'll let you try first cause I only have the
1 jack :)

> Contrary to Andy I don't hope for eventual enlightenment somewhere in
> future.
> Especially since no one than me is examining the whole issue, and I'm sure
> there *is* *no* other way for existing devices.
> If you got the fox on the farm, you don't investigate how it's actually
> killing the chicken, rather you simply fix the hole in the fence.
I would have expected a few more resources on this as this affects more than
a few FR and in my case at least made it unusable as a phone until I did the