GSM-noise "buzz" issue / ways forward

Uwe Klein wiederling at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 22 15:54:58 CEST 2008

Is there any way to switch the audio path to some file output?
i.e. can I (potentially) record "buzz" without an active GSM connection
( while irradiating the phone from an external HF source )
would be cheaper and easier to set up that way.

<someone>
>  Well maybe luckily we *might* eventually find a magic place for a (33pF) C
>  somewhere near Wolfson chip, to rework GTA02 out in the field this way.
>  Anyway I'd rather expect this magic fix to be found by try and error, rather
>  than probing on a setup that's completely changed by mere applying a probe to
>  it.

Could someone with the device open place 100Ohm resistor in series with
3/4pF from  the mic line to GND and test it? ( instead of the ferrite bead.

Is the trace in the top layer of the pcb or is it burried?

uwe